Saturday, June 18, 2011

Excel Management formerly XL Sports (Woodbridge, NJ)

Excel Management formerly XL Sports (581 Main St Suite 660, Woodbridge, NJ 07095, 732-527-0309) is a Smart Circle affiliate which sells discount coupons for various consumer services. Why did the owner of XL Sports change their company name to Excel Management after only a few months in business? Their former website, xl-sports.com,  said they have been in business for 3-years but xl-sports.com was created in Feb 2011.

Beware of attractive, but possibly deceptive job ads which offer entry-level training in management, marketing, and sales especially if the ads state no experience required. If you decide to interview with such a company, ask many questions before accepting employment. Will you be paid minimum wage or commission? Are there company benefits such as health insurance and paid vacation?

http://www.excel-mgmt.net/
581 Main St Suite 660
Woodbridge, NJ 07095
(732) 527-0309 = Voicemail has no company identification

http://www.xl-sports.com/ = Website actually states: THIS SITE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE.
In June 2011 when xl-sports.com website was active:
About Us
Over the past 3 years XL Sports has created a reputation for itself as one of the premier tools used by the sports and entertainment industry to generate business.

Domain Name: XL-SPORTS.COM
Created on: 16-FEB-2011
Expires on: 16-FEB-2012

Domain Name: EXCEL-MGMT.NET
Created on: 22-JUL-2011
Expires on: 22-JUL-2012

From Careerbuilder ads:
XL Sports one of New Jersey's premiere sales and marketing firms, is continuing to expand. XL Sports is an innovative company that is transforming the marketing & advertising industry. XL Sports is a sports marketing firm providing advertising and consulting services to large corporations. We identify and develop new streams of revenue for our clients through UNIQUE advertising strategies including sales, promotions, and innovative marketing solutions.

managementnewsarticles.com, press release 07/24/2011
Press Release Contact Information:
Sonia Marie
Excel Management
Office Manager
581 Main St Suite 660
Woodbridge, NJ
USA 07095
Voice: 732-527-0309
Website: Visit Our Website


Woodbridge, Edison, New Brunswick NJ
CareerBuilder.com, "Excel Management", NJ

Job positions on CareerBuilder ads:
We are looking for recent graduates, and MOTIVATED professionals willing to grow with our company to fill some of our Entry-Level positions in:

· Promotional Sales
· Public Relations
· Event Marketing
· Campaign Management
· Office Administration
· Internships Available

Due to new office locations, we are currently looking to fill multiple positions. We are looking for people with experience in the following:

· Marketing
· Advertising
· Sales / Business Development
· Event Coordination
· Customer Service
· Public Relations

8 comments:

  1. I worked for these ***holes for a month. It is most definitely a scam and do not fall for their glamorous appeal. While waiting for my interview, I noticed some elder interviewees beside me. Naturally, I thought "They'll most likely get the job due to experience and what not." However, to my surprise, I got hired. They hire college students like myself and work them like dogs through the "management program" with the hopes of one day giving you your own office. I still can't believe I worked their for a whole month. They are a bunch of manipulative businessmen that give you a false sense of importance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They scammed me the same way. They work the employees 12 hours a day six days a week and only pay you for what you sold. If you work your ass off and sell nothing you get nothing. You have to drive around in your own car and pay for your own gas money as well as food and water. I began asking questions and the managers reported back every word I said to the owner. They didn't like that I was questioning as to whether or not the entire thing was a scam. I quit after being there for only 6 days and it was the best decision I ever made. They never even paid me the $300 that I was guaranteed at the beginning which is another scam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you want a hand me down. Doing my research on the company and although I never worked for them, you sound utterly ridiculous by thinking you should get paid for selling nothing.

      Delete
  3. Lol I left after a day. These people are a bunch of scam artists. They told me we were going to Valley Road on South Orange and instead we were on Lyons Avenue in Irvington. They lied because that area of Irvington is DANGEROUS. Once I made my first sale inside a STRIP CLUB I pretty much knew I was done. If you want to sell coupons by soliciting on shitty streets then this is the place for you.

    Oh and Paul Malcolm you slimy shitbag, if you're reading this; just because you have an indoor putting mat in your office doesn't make you look successful. In fact I know you're a douche because if you really were a success you'd get a StarPro and not that 20 dollar piece of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. The money sounded so well. After long hours of walking along highways, burning my own gas and not making any money, i wish i had read this before taking the job there. I am now aware of marketing jobs that seem similar to this. Im still waiting to get paid myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got five days into the training program and got the fuck out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The name has changed again!
    The new name is 2K INC Public Relations Firm
    website: http://2kinc.net/Home_Page.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM XL SPORTS, EXCEL MANAGEMENT,2K INC,& 2KINC PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRM, & THEY KEEP CHANGING THE MOMENT THEY SEE PEOPLE ARE CATHCING ON TO THESE SCAMS & THE MOMENT THEY LOSE A DOLLAR PAUL MALCOLM IS SCUM, BRAIN WASHER, & A LIER The name has changed again!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!
    The new name is 2K INC Public Relations Firm
    website: http://2kinc.net/Home_Page.html

    ReplyDelete