Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Advanced Business Acquisitions (San Jose, CA)

Beware of attractive, but possibly deceptive job ads which offer entry-level training in management, marketing, and sales especially if the ads state no experience required. If you decide to interview with such a company, ask many questions before accepting employment. Will you be paid minimum wage or commission? Are there company benefits?

People who interview with Cydcor affiliates are told they have the opportunity to be trained for marketing, management, sales, public relations, advertising, human resources so they can open their own office. What the job seekers are not told is that they are trained to open new independently owned Cydcor affiliate offices thus repeating the recruiting cycle.

Beware of invitations for an all-day second "interview". If you decide to go to the second "interview", wear comfortable shoes.

2635 N. 1st st.
Suite 131
San Jose, CA 95134
(408) 955-0823
http://www.advancedbusinessacquisitions.com

Domain Name: ADVANCEDBUSINESSACQUISITIONS.COM
Created on: 11-Aug-2011

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advanced-Business-Acquisitions-Inc/278079808872168

ABA states on their Craigslist ad that they have been providing business services to thousands of customers across the country over the past six years yet the company was incorporated in California on 07/26/2010. Julie Strait's previous company, Worldwide Acquisitions,  located in Woburn, MA, was organized on 09/18/2006, and it was dissolved on 12/16/2010.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/julie-strait/13/120/259
Julie Strait
President at Worldwide Acquisitions, Inc
    Greater Boston Area
    Marketing and Advertising












From Craigslist job ad:
Advanced Business Acquisitions has been providing valuable business services to over 1000s of customers across the country over the last six years.

California Secretary of State, Business Entity Search
Entity Name:ADVANCED BUSINESS ACQUISITIONS, INC.
Entity Number:C3306620
Date Filed:07/26/2010
Status:ACTIVE
Jurisdiction:CALIFORNIA
Entity Address:2635 NORTH FIRST STREET STE 131
Entity City, State, Zip:SAN JOSE CA 95134
Agent for Service of Process:JULIE STRAIT
Agent Address:2635 NORTH FIRST STREET STE 131
Agent City, State, Zip:SAN JOSE CA 95134

Massachusetts Secretary of Commonwealth, Corporations Division
The exact name of the Domestic Profit Corporation: WORLDWIDE ACQUISITIONS, INC.
Entity Type:  Domestic Profit Corporation
Identification Number: 205550656
Date of Organization in Massachusetts:  09/18/2006
Date of Voluntary Dissolution:  12/16/2010
Current Fiscal Month / Day: 08 / 31
The location of its principal office:
No. and Street:   400 WEST CUMMINGS PARK
SUITE 3500
City or Town: WOBURN State: MA  Zip: 01801 Country: USA
If the business entity is organized wholly to do business outside Massachusetts, the location of that office:
No. and Street:  
     
City or Town: State:  Zip: Country:
Name and address of the Registered Agent:
Name: JULIE STRAIT
No. and Street:   400 WEST CUMMINGS PARK
SUITE 3500
City or Town: WOBURN State: MA  Zip: 01801

12 comments:

  1. I interviewed with this company and was completely mislead. It was not what I expected. I walked around all day doing door to door sales. Be weary of companies like this. When i told the "leader" I was with that I was from New Mexico, she told me that they have a branch over there called prudential consulting. I looked it up and it appears to be a scam as well. BEWARE http://www.prudentialconsultinginc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J,

      I have interviewed with them yesterday, just very easy questions, the interview lasts 10 mins, they asked for 2nd interview which will last 2 hours tomorrow. Should I go for it ? Is this Advanced Business Acquisitions a scam ? Is the job literally door to door sale ? Means you have to call and ask people buy At&T contract ? How much is their base pay ?

      Looking forward to seeing your reply, so I can decide whether I should go for 2nd interview or not Thank you so much

      Delete
    2. Nguyen Hai,

      I have an interview with them tomorrow. Did you follow through with them? If so how did it go?

      Delete
  2. If you are talking about Spherion Management Group. I already went once. They never got their training class together, at least scince the last time I called. Now, I have an interveiw with them again. It's the same thing, except now they have full time jobs, the interveiw is in a different location and you can choose to get a salery or comission. I don't know, the best sales jobs I've seen are base salery and comission or retail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fyi similar companies in San Deigo include IMG IMAGE Foundation INC Spherion Management Group, if everyone would post the names of these companies it could probably spare a lot of people

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a call for an interview for Lead account manager position. When the guy said that I'm right for the position, I felt alerted because I'm a recent graduate with little experience. Not that I don't have confidence in myself. It just doesn't sound right. So I google the company name right away. It leads me here. I called back right away and asked more questions about the position. The guy didn't sound happy. So I ended up canceling the appointment. Thanks for helping me saving my time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prudential Consulting is a company that does door to door service to residents for Century Link. There is no opportunity to grow, it is all commission based although in the interview they tell you there is a base. This company doesn't pay for a week of training, your basically working for free. Prudential Consulting is a branch of Cydcor, which if you look up reviews you will know right away that it is a scam. I don't recommend anybody wasting their time. This is a company located in Albuquerque, NM.. Just do your research before you join any company..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just interviewed for an "Account Manager - Entry Level" position from Linkedin. Show up to interview to be told it was only a 10-15 minute interview and that essentially the position was a door to door sales job. I don't know why they did not just conduct an over the phone first interview if it was only going to be 10-15 minutes. Such a waste of my time. Very deceiving job title on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. silverstatevegas.com here they are! I am so happy I bumped into this site, so I did not have to waste my time for this interview! To bad it has to be like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an interview tomorrow with Julie for an office clerk position. At the same location mentioned. Though, I was told nothing about this job being a door to door sales. Now I am a bit worries about my interview and this so called job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They lie to you and the position they offer is just a lie to get you into there office for an interview. They offer you a total opposite position which is door to door sales, although they don't tell you that just then until the 2nd interview which I didn't go because I already knew what was going to happend and I wasn't up for it. The best thing to do is being straight forward and say I am only interested in what was offered to me which was a receptionist not no door to door sales. Then again that would come off rude. Plus when I got there were blonde headed slut looking girls flirting with a guy coworker. I almost thought it was some type of prostitute organization. Overall, I do t recommend this place if you have an interview. All they want is too look for people thinking they are dumb enough to do there no career door too door sales job that gets you nowhere on life.

    ReplyDelete